Sunday, March 6, 2011

Who will get the 4th 1-seed?

KU, Ohio St., and Pitt are all virtual locks to get #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament at this point. Who will get the 4th 1-seed?

My guess is at this point in time, it would go to Notre Dame, but that it will go to Duke in the end. I think Notre Dame is more likely to slip up early in their conference tournament than Duke is, and I think that is what the deciding factor might be.

However, I guess UNC could be a sleeper for the last 1-seed, if they win the ACC tournament, since they also already won the ACC regular season title. If all of those teams slip up, then who does it go to? Texas would probably be back in the discussion, but only if they win the Big 12 tournament probably. BYU could still be there, but I think they would have to easily win their conference tournament to do so... which is less likely after Brandon Davies got kicked off the team.

The race for the last 1-seed will be interesting to watch unfold because it will all depend on the conference tournaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment