Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baseball Season...

Well, it's the start of baseball season once again... what does this mean? In my mind, it means that there are at least 4 more months until I can truly justify paying close attention to baseball. Sure, if the teams I like to follow are doing well, I'll be much more likely to watch games regularly, but I have always felt that the regular season in baseball is way too long. That's not to say that I won't enjoy watching any early regular season games or that they can't be exciting. It can still be enjoyable to watch, especially if it is the only option for a sport on TV, which is often the case during baseball season. In general though, I won't go out of my way to pay a lot of attention to regular season baseball. Baseball would be a whole lot better if a couple things happened: 1) The season was cut in half to about 80 games. This would ensure that just about every game truly mattered right from the start and 2) They added 2 more rounds of playoffs as a result of have the extra time after the shortened season. With only 8 teams total making the playoffs, there are a lot of pretty good teams that miss out on the playoffs each year. I think it would enhance the excitement level around post-season baseball if those teams were able to get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment