Would Purdue be the #1 team in the nation right now if Robbie Hummel hadn't gotten hurt? They are currently, arguably playing better than anyone the last few weeks, are ranked in the Top 6, they only have one bad loss, and most of their losses were close. The question might be how far ahead of the #2 team are they right now if Robbie Hummel is healthy? Now, I'm not gonna brag too much on Purdue because I don't really like them, but I'm just giving them the respect that I think they deserve right now. They've become almost as good without Robbie Hummel as some people thought they could ahve been with him. I'm pretty sure I saw some early Final Four projections that had them in there before Hummel had gotten hurt.
I do think that Hummel being out has enabled E'twaun Moore, JaJuan Johnson, and Lewis Jackson to elevate their games and show what they can do, so you can also argue that they may not have had as much of a chance to do that with Hummel in the line-up, but damn... if he was in the lineup right now, you might have the best 4 players that any one team can throw out at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment