For my first post, I'm going to keep it simple and give my Super Bowl pick. I'm going with Packers 26 - Steelers 20. I think it's a pretty even match up to be honest, so it could be a very good game. My problem is... I don't like either team at all, but I will reluctantly root for the Packers. These two teams are easily in my top 5 most-disliked teams in the league.
I feel like the average football fan doesn't like either one of these teams unless they are a fan of them, so I don't think I'm the only one in this spot.
However, I also think the average neutral fan will root for the Packers because the Steelers are approaching 'dynasty' status if they win, and people tend to like to see the underdog knock the king off of their thrown. Based on talent, the Packers probably aren't actually the underdog, but based on current reputation they are. Plus, people tend to like Aaron Rodgers more than Ben Roethlisberger... for obvious reasons.
probably cause aaron rodgers doesn't rape people
ReplyDelete