Saturday, February 19, 2011

State of the Big 12

So the happenings this week with KU and Texas both losing prove me slightly wrong for saying how much worse the rest of the Big 12 is than Texas and KU. However, I still don't think I'm that far off because both KU's loss to K-State and Texas' loss to Nebraska could be categorized as flukes where the better team would have probably won 8 or 9 times out of 10.

What's more interesting this week is that 3 out of the top 4 teams have lost since the last poll, and Ohio State plays at Purdue tomorrow, so that's also a chance for them to lose. Wow, if all 4 of the top 4 teams lost this week, you might actually see KU stay at #1 even with their loss to K-State. However, you might also see Duke jump everyone from #5, although that would be a huge jump. In any case, it'll be interesting. I'm definitely thinking that the way things are going, the tournament committee may have a hard time picking a number 1 overall seed for the NCAA tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment